Property developer Ayala Land Inc. (ALI) said it will bring in more investments to Cebu to contribute to its goal of being the next business hub after Manila.
ALI senior vice-president and head for corporate sales and marketing Rex Mendoza told reporters that the strengthened commitment can be seen in the projects being developed in the Cebu Business Park (CBP) and Asiatown IT Park.
He said they are currently developing the two locations after Ayala's development in Makati City and Bonifacio High Street in Taguig.
"This can be done with careful master-planning with the interplay of mixed-use developments," Mendoza said.
Mendoza noted that the company's plan for the CBP with Ayala Center Cebu as its anchor, is to be the next 24/7 and nightlife location with integrated developments like corporate, retail and residential. He said they can also create a Makati-like development here, where there can be an art district and district and an evening and early morning options for the Cebuano populace.
"We have a lot to offer to Cebu," Mendoza said.
Aside from the company's plan of helping Cebu become the preferred business location, he said the company is also aggressive in bringing their residential brands.
ALI recently brought to Cebu its three residential brands, the Avida Towers Cebu in IT Park, Alveo's Sedona Parc and Ayala Land Premier's 1016 Residences, which are both located in CBP.
Mendoza reported a faster sales take-up of these brands. He attributed the surge in sales to the growing preferences of locals and those in the overseas market to relocate here.
For ALP in particular, Mendoza said they are very positive about the overseas market, especially those in the United States, Australia, and Europe.
"We have not conducted roadshows abroad yet but we are receiving so many inquiries from the overseas market looking for properties in Cebu. We feel that inquiries will surge further with the roadshows, especially with Filipinos married to foreigners," Mendoza said.
Aside from its residential brands, Mendoza also reported that the company will be aggressive in addressing the needs of the tourism industry, through their hotel business.
He said they are currently looking at adding new facilities for new hotels either in IT Park or CBP. "We are not yet sure of this but we are studying both locations considering the high occupancy rate of Marriott Hotel," Mendoza said.
ALI recently announced the construction of a 150-room hotel in Cagayan de Oro, the third of the planned nationwide boutique hotels across the country.
Mendoza said there is no target yet for a boutique hotel for Cebu, but the company will be looking at possible locations here.
ALI's boutique hotels will be operated by its subsidiary Ayala Land Hotels and Resorts Corp. to cater to both businessmen and tourists in key "underserved" areas in the country.
Mendoza described the boutique hotels as the company's own hotel brand that is distinctly Filipino.
March 22, 2011
- Groundbreaking Endeavor: 1016 Residences Introduces iPad App
- 1016 Residences Concrete Pouring
- Bringing the best of living to Cebu
- Moving up in the South
- Ayala Land Premier's 1016 Residences project in Cebu City offers 'country club living'
- Moving Up in the South
- Bringing the Best of Living to Cebu
- World-class Cebuanos find a home at 1016 Residences
- Ayala launches 1016 Residences, Cebu
- Ayala Land rises above the rest with 1016 Residences
- Luxury comes to Cebu - 1016 Residences
- What you need to know when viewing a model unit
- Premier Living Spaces for Prime Lifestyles at the Heart of Cebu
- Ayala Land lines up more projects for Cebu
- Ayala to position Asiatown IT, Cebu parks as premier hubs
- Going Up
- 1016 Residences holds Grand Launch
- Architecture, design, art, lifestyle fuse in 1016 Residences
- Ayala Land Premier Eyeing Another Cebu Condo Project
- Global lifestyle shaping up in Cebu as Ayala launches 1016 Residences
- 1016 Residences: Cebu's luxury address
- New Living Ideals Rise in Cebu
- Lots of Space In This Cebu Condo
- Ayala’s upscale brand makes debut in Cebu
- Ayala launches P1B Cebu Condo Development
- Ayala investing P1B on first high-end condo project in Cebu
- Ayala Sets Aside P1B for 1016 Residences
- Country-club Living at the Heart of the City
- A High-rise Cebu’s Rich and Famous Can Call Home
- Ayala Land to Build Condo Project in Cebu